Jaanuar


This is inspired by www.moonlists.com . It is easy to pick highlights from every year past but much harder monthly. I can easily have a daydreamy month, hibernating and working away without anything life-changing happening but I'd like to take note of all - small and big things. So much can happen in a month when not paying attention to the small things - the conversations you have, the people you meet and the rambling thoughts that go through your mind. They matter.

January 18

NATURE:
One Sunday I went to the Royal National Park without realising it had been in a devastating bushfire the week before. The familiar road went through this burnt bushland for miles and miles. It looked so eerie. Also on the first day of this year I visited the apparent 'world's whitest sand beach'. It was pretty but touristy.

OBJECT (OLD):
My silly little coin purse (serving as a full grown up woman's wallet) finally died and I dished out my grandma's old leather wallet which I have loved for many years. It feels very special to have it back again (why did I put it away again?)

SURPRISE:
I was surprised to tears by an abuser over the phone at work. Verbal abuse and semi-aggression is something I usually don't let get to me but somehow this one did. I was so surprised how something like this would shake the silly ol' me.

ENCOUNTER:
I met an Australian guy who's read Kalevipoeg in Esperanto.

NIGHT OUT: There were so many magical experiences this month, it is very hard to single one out. I don't remember ever so eagerly consuming every single musical sound and note in such detail as at Maarja Nuut's concert. I danced and enjoyed the beat of the XX concert. Its so comforting to see such a big name being so genuine and appreciative on stage; their warmth and humanity created this great vibe in the crowd. I was so unnecessarily nervous for a friend who performing her first solo concert. She was stunning of course!

TIME ALONE:
I'm a huge loner. I get all angsty if I don't get enough alone time. I didn't get enough time this month but sometimes it's for the better? I'm still dreaming of experiencing living somewhere remote for some time.

MOVIE/TV/BOOK:
I decided to watch Big Little Lies as a chic-flick guilty pleasure but found myself frozen by the familiarity of some storylines in it. I hope it finds it's way to people who need to see it.

CREATIVE ACT:
I practiced my little instrument one day, it was so good, why don't I do it more often. It felt what a visit to a therapist would do.




Comments